Lon Dubh at “Seashells and Shamrocks” has nominated me for a Liebster Award, which I had not heard of but way cool and thank you :). It comes with questions, so I guess you all get to learn a little bit more about me:
1. If you had to choose a religion beside the one you practice now which would it be? I am already practicing three (Hellenic, Norse, and Kemetic polytheism) so I am not sure where I would fit it in, but I have done a bit of reading on Finnish paganism, and being part Finn I imagine that would be the logical place to go. I don’t have plans in that direction, but you asked!
2.Favorite Period Drama? I’ve been watching Mad Men lately; since they are now into the years after my birth, I’m not sure it still counts as period for me, but that’s my answer.
3.Favorite Singer/Group? Oh, there are so many! My first favorite would probably have to be David Bowie, though; Station to Station was the first music I ever bought for myself (on 8-track tape, no less!).
4.A book you read that changed your view or outlook on something? Years ago I read Life and Loves of a She-Devil by Fay Weldon; it still rewrites a bit of my world view every time I reread it.
5.Your Favorite Myth? (you don’t have to tell it unless you want to, just the name will do ) Probably the story of Pygmalion and Galatea. My faith is not all that informed by myth other than in a very broad sense, but I do like that one.
6. If you could go back in time would you go back and change something about world history? or just leave things be? I wouldn’t trust myself not to make a bigger mess somehow, so I think I would have to leave it be.
7. Any animal as a pet ( 100% tame and wont maul you to death) Honestly I am not a pet person; I like animals, but I would rather play with someone else’s kitty or puppy and then give it back.
8. Favorite Movie? Again, there are so many! But I always watch The Maltese Falcon when it’s on.
9. Beach or Forest? To live in? Forest, I think. But I live where I can visit either whenever I like, which I think is ideal.
10. Least favorite thing to do? Tell someone no.
My questions for my nominees:
1. Favorite book (fiction).
2. Favorite book (non-fiction).
3. Best way to spend a day when you have nothing else to do.
4. Night owl, early bird or in between, and is this a good or a bad thing?
5. Fate or free will or somewhere in between?
6. Choose a superpower!
7. Are you more likely to listen to your heart or your head?
8. What is the hardest thing to get yourself to do that you know you need to do?
9. Do you follow news and current events? How pertinent do you feel the World is to your daily life?
10. Favorite season.
My five nominees, no pressure though, don’t do it unless you want to. Mainly I wanted to let you know I enjoy your blogs. :):
Boar Tracks in the Woods
Strip Me Back to the Bone
Baring the Aegis
Aedicula Antinoi: A SmallWhrine of Antinous
Dawn of the Two Feathers